logo casprini da omero
mail form Casprini Da Omero Snc
Passo dei Pecorai, 68/70
50027 - Greve in Chianti (Fi)
Tel.+39.055.85.07.16/15
Web fax+39.055.71.88.114
Mob/Whap 3404536626
PI 03675100485
pec mail

7 -  PITTI PALACE
<<<Back Full List Forw>>>

Pitti palace and Boboli garden

Pitti e Boboli di Utens

The history... and we begin with one curiosity.

Click to open the museums timetable and pitti-boboli map

The Pitti Palace as it says the name was built up from the Medici but from the family of the Pitti and more just from Luca Pitti (1395-1472), merchant and banker, on design of largest of the age (if not of all the times), Filippo Brunelleschi. It was be a matter of rivalry and the intransgressible detailed lists of the Pitti were 2: that within the before public square the palace of could enter in Medical abundance all the palace. That the windows of the Pitti palace were larger of Medical the main door of the same palace. Effectively all fits even if there aren't documents that provethese demands. The construction of the palace began around to the 1457 under the official direction of the Fancelli student of the dead Brunelleschi 12 years before. The contests to finance in kind find winning and various losing, above all trto that sopravvalutano the own possibilities to finance. In the 1464 jobs they were interrupted totally, as jointly they made Strozzi with their palace. The state of thejobs however, allowed the Pitti family to reside in the palace from 1469 also after the dead women of happened Luca 1472. Risollevatesi the fates of the family, will sell the Palace to Eleonora di Toledo, moglie of Cosimo de' the Medici whom the zone of the pià Oltrarno salubre of the center thought. The poveretta it suffered from tuberculosis, the sons were delicate of health and two of they already pass to better life, while the pulmonary hemorrhages for the Prince were also too much frequent. The palace divenne therefore the main residence of the Medici, without to change of fact name, and giving origin to the extraordinary rebirth of the quarter of Oltrarno, as the noble families of the city imitated the granduchi making contest to construct nobiliari residences on as soon as cut Via May or of the Serragli. In 1560 the first widening of the palace to work of Bartolomeo Ammannati was realized, that it built up, between the other, imposes itnte courtyard more plans (wide copied from other European palaces, like the Luxembourg of Paris), while the sistemazione of the garden already had been begun in the 1551 from Niccolò Tribulation, one of the first great examples of" garden to the Italian ". The design originates them of the Gucciardini was centralized on an amphitheater centers them, that it came realized taking advantage of the natural conformation of the hill, where frequently came represented commedie and tragedies of classic inspiration, like some written from Giovan Cini Batiste, while the scenografie were cured from the architect of Baldassarre court Launch."

In 1565 George Vasari it constructed the famous "Corridor" that passing over "Ponte vecchio" connecting Pitti Palace to "Palazzo vecchio", so the church of St. Felicita. the commission and "the brilliant" idea, job allowed ai Medici to o al without to pass for the city roads and putting itself al sure from possible attacks or turned from part city goddesses or sicari of families you avail again. In the same period, between the 1558 and 1570 Ammannati it constructed the scalone monumental, widened the lateral wings of the palace towards the garden closing it to the west from a body surpassed from a terrace from which it was possible to approach the Signorili apartments of the Association of Bologna. from that point the overflow of the hill is to equal height giving a vision of with of the garden that takes advantage of the conformazioof it of the indeed spectacular hill. In the 1641 Fontana of the "Carciofo" was placed also, designed from the assistant of the Giambologna, such Francisco Susini. To see also the two Coves, that one of Mosè where limestone concretions and statues of puttini that they swim in the bathtub give to a particular effect and the other, of the Ammanati, composed of three atmospheres that tie painting, sculpture and architecture in a magical illusionistico effect and with water games. In 1616 it was made the competition in order to widen the palace from the side public square, competition who was gained from Giulio Paris, grandson of the Ammannati and that he lead the lengthening of the body of the facade from 1618, then finished from Alfonso Paris, the son, in 1631. In the successive century they came added the two lateral wings while great part of the decorations and of frescoes inner in manierista style was executed in the ' 600 in great part from Peter from Cortona (1596-1669).

The mediceo control on Florence and the Tuscany finished with the dead women of Gian Gastone de' Medici in 1737. The sister survived Anna Luisa Maria who but, being woman, could not fregiarsi of the title it of granduca of Tuscany, that she passed therefore to Francisco Stefano di Lorena but that snobbò the city and its palaces while the successor, Peter Leopoldo she modernized the city, it made various reforms and it was the first one to open some wings of the palace to public (1883).

 

Pitti Palace and Boboli garden
Pitti Palace and Boboli garden
Credits Collegamento Immagine Autore: David Jones Licenza: CC BY 2.0
Pitti Palace and Boboli garden
Credits Collegamento Immagine Autore: vkanaya Licenza: CC BY 2.0
 
Museums of Pitti palace
Click to open the museums timetable and pitti-boboli map
 

The Garden of Boboli.

Curiosity

Someone knows who represents this image? Iversaillest's the castle of Versailles, Italian inspiration made to construct from Luigi just XIV on Italian inspiration, indeed, Fiorentina. The idea of Base is a Pitti Palace immensely larger and to double "turned upside down U". The Garden that in France has spropositate dimensions but however beautifulst is however anch' it a rework of the garden to the Italian whose first first draft is just in the Medicea villa of the "Petraia". The Fiorentina influence on France has been "facilitated" from the Medicee relationships with the King of France (Caterina de' Medici). With much campalinismo, it can also be asserted that the French kitchen had a great impulse from the Fiorentina kitchen of them little rielaborata. The Crêpes, is not "Crêpes", but "Frittatine", is not made on the slab but in furnace, they must be you blow to us and delicate, nearly struggersi in mouth. The use of the fruit in the kitchen before the advent of the tomato imported from the continent American is typical of the kitchen fiorentina but it comes used like "aroma" not like integration. A sauce to the orange, va' made to pull and to become homogenous otherwise we would have one sweet and exclusively not processable sauce in every possible taste: salty, sweet, bittersweet. Hare "Sweet and strong" , with chocolate and pine nuts, candids, Vinengar. The use of the fork... well, there are so many things to write a book.

Schedule time, tickets and price at the "Pitti Palace Site"

Share this page

IN THE HEART OF
ETRUSCAN TUSCANY
EASY TO VISIT ANY
TURISTIC LOCATION
BOOK NOW

CONTACT US
Whap
- Mail

pets

Pets are welcome

 

 
Valid XHTML 1.0 TransitionalCSS Valido!