Casprini Da Omero snc
Passo dei Pecorai, 68/70
50020 - Greve in Chianti (Fi)
Florence - St. Spirit Abbey
Saint Spirito is one of the main basilicas of the city of Florence, situated in omonima the public square in the quarter of Oltrarno. He came constructed on the rests of the ancient Agostiniano convent destroyed from a fire in 1471. After a long planning it was beginningsata from Filippo Brunelleschi in 1444, like basilica to three navate contiguous to the monastero, and was the last great work of the master. After its passing happened in 1446, the yard passed to the hands of three follows to us, Antonio Throttles, Giovanni from Gaiole and Knows you of Andrea, the last one of which realized also the cupola from 1479 to 1481, always on plan of the Brunelleschi.La basilica, in the external part not rispecchia but the idea of the master who previewed one first of all great facade to four doors in order to prevent the axial vision of the church just from the income. The embedded position of the same one in an angle of the public square, rather than to the center as many other basilicas and churches had pushed it to dare. The lateral absidiole as very it is looked at were initially semicircular in order to break off the linear vision of the church. Also the navata one centers them and the transetto they were anch' they modified covering them with a controsoffitto instead that of it originates them time to botte. The hand of Brunelleschi is revealed however in its more typical classicità: the navate ones scandite from columns in stone with capitelli corinzi that support it arches to all sixth from the typical grey frames in serene stone on the lime background white woman. Regarding the Basilica of San Lorenzo the inside in of Saint Spirito appears still airier and elegant, thanks to the cupola and transetto the more complex that is grafted in the extensions of the navata one. The light enters from the numerous windows, while the lateral nails head are ollowed without pause on all the perimeter of the church, turning also behind the altar. Given its numerous participations of progettuale modification, century was completed alone alla fine del XV in order then to endure ulterior modifications like added del the baroque canopy of Giovanni Cacchini and Gherardo Silvani (1599-1608), built up over the greater altar. Beautiful? perhaps. But the perspective vision of the navata one has altered in drastic way all the harmonic intentional proportions from the enclosed Brunelleschi centers them. The inner facade instead was realized from Knows you of Andrea (1483-87) and conserve still the quattrocentesca vetrata one with the Pentacost realized on design of the Perugino while it walls them external came only intonacate to the end of XVIII the century, when it came intonacato. The bell tower is of Baccio d' Agnolo of 1503.
The lateral altars of the navata one