Casprini Da Omero snc
Passo dei Pecorai, 68/70
50020 - Greve in Chianti (Fi)
Florence - Abbey an complex of SS. Annunziata
On 18 October 1444 laided in the first gallery stone. Designer and director of works was Michelozzo di Bartolommeo together Pagno Portigiani, draft revised by Alberti. It was constructed and refurbished the sacristy, Villani chapel, the chapel of Our Lady, the cloister of the votes, the Oratory of San Sebastian and the left side of the aisle. The work lasted until 1453 and resumed in 1460 under the direction of Antonio Manetti. As a result of financial problems, the friars offered the patronage of the factory to Lodovico III Gonzaga, Duke of Mantua and finally, in 1477, after minor changes to previous project of Leon Battista Alberti, the grandstand was completed. In 1481 the nave was completed. The church was presented with a roof supported by trusses, arches and cornices in sandstone. In the sixteenth century the work of the church suffered a slowdown. But the frescoes were painted the Cloister of the votes. The January 17, 1516, Cardinal Antonio del Monte, legate of Leo X, solemnly consecrated the church.
Towards the end of the sixteenth century, the family Pucci financed the construction of the porch outside (see emblem in the floor that the sides of the porch). In 1601, always under funding of Pucci, was created the staircase in front of the church for joined at the same level of the square columns and give everthing homogeneity. In 1664 Martin de 'Medici's son Cosimo II gave his help to build the ceiling of the church. It was designed by Baldassare Franceschini said the Volterrano who painted the Madonna Assunta. The choir was covered outside of marble and sandstone and in 1680 the Volterrano began to fresco the dome, three years after it was finished. Towards the end of the sixteenth century, the family Pucci financed the construction of the porch outside (see emblem in the floor at the porch sides). In 1601, always under funding of Pucci’s, was created the staircase in front of the church to join at the same level all the square columns and give to everything homogeneity. In 1664 Mattia de' Medici son of Cosimo II, gave his contribution to build the ceiling of the church. Designed by Baldassare Franceschini nicknamed “the Volterrano”, who painted the Madonna Assunta. The choir was covered outside of marble and sandstone and in 1680 the Volterrano began to paint in fresco the dome. It was finished three years later.
Trivia. On the right side of the basilica there is a small arc which connects it to the Crocetta Palace, home of the National Archaeological Museum in Florence. This step was built so that the princess Mary Magdalene de 'Medici, sister of Grand Duke Cosimo II, poor in health, which could go to the Mass without going into the street: inside a church is a golden grateful, corresponding to a small room after the arch. The corridors suspended around the palace are all 5 and connect both the Spedale degli Innocenti, both buildings over Via Laura and Via della Pergola. * In 2007, in the western part of the convent, on a staircase relized by Michelozzo was rediscovered a lunette with un'Annunciazione attributed to Paolo Uccello