barberino val 'elsa 1 barberino val 'elsa 2 barberino val 'elsa 3 barberino val 'elsa 4 barberino val 'elsa 5
barberino val 'elsa 6 barberino val 'elsa 7 barberino val 'elsa 8 barberino val 'elsa 9 barberino val 'elsa 10
barberino val 'elsa 11 barberino val 'elsa 12 barberino val 'elsa 13 barberino val 'elsa 14 barberino val 'elsa 15

Barberino Val D'Elsa

the curchBarberino Val d'Elsa: The earliest document of the village was found in the Passignano Abbey in 1054. The development of the hamlet goes back to the first decades of XIII Century, after the Florentines destroyed Semifonte in 1202. In the following century, Florence settled there a military defensive structure, including it within the Florentine Republic. From 1303 it has become the political and administrative place of a Vicariate. The village still shows the fortified medieval structure, partly surrounded by walls and towers of the XIIIth C. The village has 2 entrance doors, the Florentine and the Siennese connected by the old Francigena trail (Cassia), the Pretorio Palace, the Cecco da Barberino pilgrim Hospital of the 1365, the S. Bartolomeo Church. Within the walls moreover the famous tower-houses and narrow streets, some of which covered make the village really worth visiting. Amazing landscape.

External perimeter of barberino

Churches to see:

* Parish of Sant'Appiano
* Church of San Bartolomeo a Barberino
* Church of Santo Stefano a Linari
* Church of San Ruffignano a Monsanto
* Church of San Martino a Pàstine
* Church of Sant'Andrea a Vico D'Elsa
* Chapel of San Michele a Semifonte
* Church of San Lorenzo a Vigliano
* Church of Santa Maria a Marcialla
* Church of San Pietro a Petrognano

 

Share this page

CONTACT DA OMERO'S

Book the restaurant

pets

Pets are welcome

 
 
Valid XHTML 1.0 TransitionalCSS Valido!