greve_in_chianti_1 greve_in_chianti_2 greve_in_chianti_3 greve_in_chianti_4 greve_in_chianti_5
greve_in_chianti_6 greve_in_chianti_7 greve_in_chianti_8 greve_in_chianti_9 greve_in_chianti_10
greve_in_chianti_11 greve_in_chianti_12 greve_in_chianti_13 greve_in_chianti_14 greve_in_chianti_15

Greve in Chianti

Panzano - Pieve di San LeolinoGreve in Chianti: takes its name from the latin “Grevis” and like all the villages built in down hill has a more recent history compared to those built on hill tops. Greve was the commercial centre of the S. Cresci a Monteficalle district and after XIIIth C. had a relevant development as market place. With the institution of the “Chianti League” the territory was formed as follows. Panzano sided with Chianti League of Castellina, Greve became the capital of the League of Greve Valley and Chianti League. In XVIIIth C. Greve becomes town hall and slowly shows the present look. Many of the nearby Castles have become farms. A little bit more than 1 km from the famous triangular square you can still admire the Montefioralle Castle. Don't miss to visit! Markets in the square: Greve-Saturday morning, San Polo-. Feasts: Greve for Monday of Easter: old antiques market; in May in Greve: plans and flowers market; San Polo: iris fair; in September in Strada in Chianti: old fair; in October in Greve: old things market, Lucolena: chestnuts market. Holy Art Museum in Greve (winter: Thr-Fri 10-13 / Sat-Sun 15.30-18,30; summer: Thr-Fri 10-13 / Sat-Sun 16-20) reservation allowed to +39.055.854.62.87/99.

Greve - Castello di Montefioralle - Montefioralle* Parish of San Donato a Mugnana
The Parish of San Donato a Mugnana it's over a plot who was property of Bardi di Vernio family. It has undergone restructuring in several years, starting in the fourteenth century, an era in which the Parish was given a Romanesque style and was rebuilt in 1934. Not far from Pieve is a small cemetery that has been restructured in recent times..

* Parish of San Leolino
It is recalled from the tenth century, under the name of "San Leolino a Flacciano", but the current building, in Romanesque style, it has 3 naves scored by quadrilateral pillars, covered by wooden trusses, dates back to the twelfth century. In front of Greve - the market squarethe facade there is an arcade of the sixteenth century. On the right is a fourteenth-century cloister.

* Parish of San Cresci
The ancient church is entitled to one of the most important Florentine evangelists. Its striking exterior in Romanesque style, dates back to the twelfth century. There was a porch added in the XV-arm throughout the sixth and two mullioned windows, the whose columns are surmounted by capitals cubic pulvinar and a hanger, supplemented by a second order at the beginning of 1800, in imitation of the underlying.

Sezzate Castle* Parish of San Pietro a Sillano
It is mentioned in the scrolls of Badia a Passignano early as year 's 884. The Parish was later confirmed to the bishops of Fiesole and by Pasquale II and Innocent II. Respectively in 1003 and in 1034.

 

Share this page

 

CONTACT DA OMERO'S

Book the restaurant

pets

Pets are welcome

 
 
Valid XHTML 1.0 TransitionalCSS Valido!